Monday, May 22, 2006

Family in the freezer

Yes, it sounds like a grisly headline to some mass murder, doesn't it? To our certain distinguished group, however, it has a very special meaning. IVF vetrans know that this means that packed in there with the frozen meatloaf is hope for a family.

I forgot to mention it, but the lab called yesterday with the news that 3 more blastocysts made it to day 6 (although one didn't look great) and so they froze those ones as well. That makes the grand total of 7 in the freezer (4 from fertilization and 3 from yesterday).

If this cycle is a bust, which I am trying so hard to prepare for, at least it wasn't for nothing. We will have at least another 2 chances without going through this hell again.

10 comments:

Alli and Frankie said...

Congrats on your full freezer! I'm praying for a successful cycle for you!

Good luck!

beagle said...

Seven in the freezer is pretty amazing!

Let's hope they become siblings in a couple of years to this IVF baby(ies).

Courtney said...

Seven totsicles is great!!! I hope you don't need to dip into them and this is the cycle for yoU!!!

((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Sarah, congrats on the totsicles - I hope you don't need to pull them out of there any time soon. I hope you are feeling good after the transfer, and that your 2ww flies by!

Thinking of you!

Meg said...

Sarah - wow, that's heaps!! congratulations! Like everyone else said, I'm still hoping for your warm ones. :)

MoMo said...

Good news on the frosties! But I hope you won't need them...at least for 9 months!

x said...

Great news, having some frozen one's helps take the pressure off this cycle. All the best!

soralis said...

Good luck and wishing you all the best. My twins are from a "freezer batch" so that is great that you have so many frostie ones!

Take care

Amy said...

Congrats on the 7 frosties! That's great! Let's hope that you won't have to use them for a while. I hope your 2ww is flying by.

YouGuysKnow said...

that is great news! family in the freezer - love it :) this is my first visit to you but i see we have lots of blog friends in common. i wish you major good things and will be checking back in on you. i start cycle #1 next week (so long as no hitches).