So far, so good. Aside from the growing collection of quarter-sized welts that are making wearing pants uncomfortable, there is not much new to report on the injection front. For the most part, the onslaught of miserable symptoms that I have read about, continue to allude me (not that I am complaining). In fact, my only real complaint is a pounding headache that caused me to flee home yesterday mid-afternoon to hit the sofa for a nap.
Today, I think that I will take it easy. Normally, I am the type of person who drags myself into work no matter what illness plagues me. Last year, work provided me with a laptop and although they said that the purpose was for me to be able to have a more flexible schedule, I immediately saw through that and know that the real reason is to encourage me not to come into work when I am sneezing and sniffling. Guess they got tired of me infecting the whole office every time I had a cold. The laptop allows me to do my job while quarantined in my house. So aside from the odd day at home with a cold, I haven't really been sick.
When we started this whole hoopla, I fully intended to continue working, only taking off perhaps the day of the retrieval and then maybe a half day after the transfer.
Then suddenly I asked myself, "why?" I work at an educational institution where a very generous agreement allows almost 1.5 sick days per month in addition to an easy-access short term leave policy. Because I have rarely taken advantage of my accumulated sick days, I now have a huge bank of "sick time".
I've experienced a turnabout and now feel that this IVF attempt is as good a reason as any to take time off. I now intend to take full advantage of my sick time over the next month. I deserve time off to relax and try to make a go at this, and subsequently told work that I would be taking two weeks off this month as medical time in addition to intermittent breaks this week, including coming into work very late.
Over the past few weeks, my mornings have consisted of driving my husband to work at 6am then returning home to my laptop where I sit and drink coffee (mostly decaf) and go online for several hours before I go to work. I call it my "therapy" and have convinced myself that this is highly therapeutic and an important factor in keeping my sanity through all of this.
Today, I've decided that I need a whole day of therapy, and am therefore staying home!
Friday, May 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I make it convenient for everyone and play hookey...while at work.
It is therapeutic. Definitely. Good for you for taking some time off. I hope you enjoy your day at home.
I am so jealous that you get to play hooky! Lucky girl! It is also nice to hear that the stims are going well. Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow! Thinking of you!
Good for you! :)
Sarah, you and I are in the same boat. I also work in education, and have a pretty big bank of sick time I've never used. I am also planning to take some days off in the summer whenever I need them during the cycle- whatever I can do to help our chances for success, especially since it costs so much to try.
I'll be thinking of you too!
Enjoy your day off!! You deserve it!!
Take care
Well, you know that I agree with you hahaha!
Good for you! Rest and relaxation can help your process along!
I also work in Education and although we have unlimited sick days I barely ever take a day off. For my FET I have already told my boss I will not be in Wed -Friday. Depending on how it goes I just may have to take some time the following week off too!
Courtney
I was always a workaholic, through rain, sleet, snow, colds, flu...but IF cured me of that, too.
Just wanted to visit and to say thanks for commenting on my blog!
Post a Comment