I visited the clinic this morning for my u/s and bloodwork. Things seem to have progressed to the point where we are ready to harvest this little crop of follicles. While not quite a bumper yield, there are definitely a good number to work with. Hopefully they are filled with eggs and we can move on to the next step!
Actually, when they nurse called to give me the information I was illegally parked waiting for my very late husband to come downstairs from his work. Because I had left all my papers at home beside the phone, I had nothing to write on. Then while in the midst of listening and recording every detail about what we will be doing over the next three days, the commissionaire appears out of nowhere and starts to write me a ticket. I point at the phone on my ear and try to motion to her that I would only be a minute, but she just shook her head and indicated for me to move along. I ignored her and fully suspect that there will be a ticket in the mail.
So the scoop is that we will trigger tomorrow night for a Monday am retrieval. In the panic of trying to simultaneously drive, talk and write, I neglected to ask the obligatory numbers such as E2 and actual number of follicles. Oh well. We pay them enough to do the thinking, so I guess I don't need to worry about recording everything.
I have no actual numbers to report, but it appeared that my right ovary being a bit lazy, produced a disappointing two follicles. My left ovary on the other hand reminded me a bit of a soccerball on the u/s. I think she mentioned something about having over 12 on that side. I'm not really disappointed, but for all the bloating I really felt that they would pronounce my ovaries to be the most stellar producers in recent history. I'm content though.
The anxiety about Monday morning is going to kill me all weekend. I'm going to try to occupy myself by planting flowers and buying new patio furniture so that I can lay out in the 28 degree weather next week (Celsius, of course!) I'm off work for two weeks, so expect hourly updates after Monday!
Friday, May 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Exciting news! I always wondered why one ovary always seems to outperform the other...and it's never consistent from cycle to cycle. Finicky things.
I'm looking forward to the updates.
Good lucki with the trigger! Hope the retrieval goes very well to!
Take care
Good Luck with trigger tonight and ER Monday. Try not to worry too much (yeah, right!) It will be fine!
Take it easy
Good luck with the trigger! Sorry about the slacker ovary. Hope things go great!
Wow, great news! Good luck on Monday!
What great news! Good luck with trigger and retrieval. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you. I will be praying for lots of good healthy eggs. Hugs!
I hope everything goes well for you over the next few days. Looking forward to the updates too!
Take care of yourself.
Good luck with the trigger tonight. I hope the retrieval goes well and you got some really good eggs! I will be checking for updates! Thinking of you!
Good luck with trigger tonight and best of luck with ER on Monday!!!
Sarah - It's monday now.. hope trigger went ok... :)
Post a Comment