Tuesday, May 23, 2006

That other voice - 3dp5dt

At just a few days after transfer I am feeling a bit out of sorts. My ovaries are still very sore and it really hurts to do anything more stressful that go put another pot on for tea or to reach for the laptop computer on the table. Everything seems to take so much energy and physically, I really appreciate being off on vacation this week because I can't imagine dragging my sorry ass into my office and pretending that I am back from a very relaxing week away (most people at work think that I was on vacation this past week...ha..some trip!) I am bloated and am sure that I've packed on about 15 pounds over the past few months which is just depressing.

I am uncertain about what I am supposed to be feeling, if anything at all. I am, after all, only a few days into the wait. There are things happening down there, but I can't tell if it is just AF starting to churn her evil storm or if it is something else. It isn't quite cramps, but it is something. I am trying desperately to remember what it felt like to be pregnant before, except all the feelings meld together with all the months that I thought for sure that I had felt something "different". My boobs are huge (not that they are small normally) and feel different, but from what I understand that could just be the progesterone. I think someone once mentioned that the 2ww is a mindfuck! I totally agree. When is it too early to test? Should I POAS next week or not.

To make matters worse, my husband has planned a stag next weekend for a good friend of ours. It is a weekend trip that will take the boys about 4 hours from here. They leave Friday afternoon. My blood test is scheduled for Friday morning, and the clinic will call us with the results Friday afternoon. Today after work, my husband asked me how I am feeling (I've given up trying to explain to him that these symptoms might not mean anything at all, but he just smiles and says that he is going to keep asking!)

Then he asked if I would prefer to go for the blood test on Thursday instead of Friday, so that if the IVF didn't work that he could stay home with me. One part of me is so happy that he offered to stay home because he is not one to think more than 5 minutes ahead and I didn't think that it really clicked with him that I would be here alone the day that we got the results. Then that other voice in my head says, "But you could wait until Monday to test instead!" which means that he could go away and enjoy this weekend event that he looking forward to so much. Will I be worse off for waiting a few more days? In the grand scheme of things, does two days make a huge difference.

Uggh. So what do I do? Change to Thursday or wait until Monday? Or what is the first day that I can reasonably POAS?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something tells me to test on Thursday...

I remember how uncomfortable I was in my 2ww in cycle 1. It hurt to sit, it hurt to stand, it hurt to be in a car...my ovaries were so swollen with left over follicles, it was ridiculous. There was concern, but they eventually went back to normal on their own. Turns out that cycle did work, but I had no idea what pregnancy symptoms were to be like...and I still don't. Soooo frustrating. I'm glad you're home this week to "relax."

ak1908 said...

Sarah,
How sweet of you and dh to be thinking of each others' feelings so much. If you are going to be 13dpt, I would definitely POAS. However, take that with a grain of salt, because this is coming from someone who is pretty much unable to resist POAS after day 10. Take care of yourself and I'm rooting for ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

I would vote for testing on Thursday too. The suspense would kill me.

I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm thinking of you!

MoMo said...

I vote for Thursday..I am a very impatient person and I don't think I will be able to wait until Monday. Good luck..I am thinking of you!

Barely Sane said...

I vote for Thursday.

My personal experiences were only bfn's, but getting them on a Monday was horrible. Getting news on a Thurs/Fri was much easier because it gave me the weekend to be a hermit and lick my wounds.

Besides, who wants to wait an extra 2 days to get good news!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

soralis said...

Good luck with your cycle. Crossing my fingers for you.

Alli and Frankie said...

I hate that bloated, painful feeling! It would be nice if there was a pregnancy sign that wasn't associated with your period, like your eyelashes turning blue (80's flashback) or something.

So happy for you that you have the week off and don't have to hobble around work feeling lousy!!

I would test Thursday, simply because I just cannot stand the wait. :)

Amy said...

I vote for Thursday. I don't think that I could wait until Monday. Either way you go, I hope that you get good news! I'm thinking of you!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I would definitely test on Thursday, especially if my dh could stay home with me. I hope that it works out whatever you decide. I am praying that you get your BFP. Hugs!

Courtney said...

I am praying for a BFP no matter what day you test!!!! ((HUGS)) good luck

x said...

3 weeks ago on our beta day my husband had a stag and doe for his best friend that night so I think I am in line for giving assvice. We got a negative - he still went - I was really pissed off and alone. If he is your sole support (as my hubbie pretty much is for me) then try to do the test when he can be there with you. Good or bad news, you need to be together that night. JMO

Thalia said...

Thursday. MOnday might not seem much longer now, but believe me next Thursday afternoon it will seem like forever. And MOnday is 3 days later than friday, not 2. That's too long to wait.

Symptoms mean nothing, sorry. You've just got to cope with the mindfuck. Bad television does it for me.

Sunny Jenny said...

Ok I read somewhere that you can POAS 10 days after your hCG shot...

beagle said...

I would be too selfish to wait. I say take him up on his offer to stay home.

Good Luck!

YouGuysKnow said...

beware POAS. for further proof, go check Sunnie's page - i know you link to her, so maybe you're up on her story. if you can wait until monday you are a goddess and we must all bow down.

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for Thursday as well. Its so hard to wait the closer you get to the end I would think. Fingers crossed.