Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Transfer time may be upon us

I decided to treat myself today and visit the spa for a bit of R&R pampering. Sounds extravagant, I know, but a gift certificate that I had was burning a hole in my wallet. Besides, what better time to enjoy something just for me.

I decided on a pedicure, facial and wax...down there. Actually, I usually go for the Brazilian because then I don't have to worry about it for another 3 months. Because this was my first time at this particular venue, there were lots of questions and the esthetician wanted to assure me that my privacy was of utmost concern. She went on at length about how I would wear the paper panties in order to maintain dignity through this procedure.

Ha. I laughed. If she only knew that just Monday I was laid out spread-eagle on a table with five different people peering at my cooter, all the while being recorded via dildocam! Dignity. Who is she kidding!

The spa was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. As it turns out, good thing that I went ahead and did it today because it is quite possible that tomorrow is transfer day.

The clinic called and I have 3 4-celled eggs that are growing well. The others are 2-celled and mostly look nice (whatever that means), but they are growing slowly. Tomorrow at 8am they will call me to confirm whether we are doing a 3-day or 5-day transfer. I'm tentatively scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30 am.

I'm happy with the numbers although I would have been happier with a few more fast growers. There is still a chance that we will make it to day 5, but I think that it is more likely that tomorrow is the day.

My stomach is a bit fluttery with anticipation that this time tomorrow I could have two little embryos on board! I am excited, but it is a nervous sensation that comes with some trepidation. With all my heart I am trying to remember that things may work or things may not work. I don't recall what the stats are, nor do I wish to at this point. It is beyond my control and outside of common sense and certain pregnancy precautions, there is nothing that I can do to make this work.

Please please please work!!!!

13 comments:

DD said...

Maybe technically there's nothing you can do, but we sure will still hope, pray, sacrifice, chant, or whatever it may take to help those embryos to stick around for a while.

Good luck and enjoy your time of bedrest.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah- best of luck to you tomorrow, or whichever day ends up being transfer day. I will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

You're on track! I wish you luck Sarah!

Pamplemousse said...

Good luck today!!

soralis said...

Good luck and I hope your 2ww isn't to difficult.

Take care

Alli and Frankie said...

Praying for a great result for you! Good luck!!

MoMo said...

I think the spa was a good idea...a little r&r in always good. Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you!

Family Ties said...

Please work :)

Courtney said...

Good luck .. I will be rooting for you and your embies!!!

Thalia said...

Wonder if you've had transfer yet. Hoping that all your embryos look great, and that the best ones are safely on board.

x said...

Spa Day - you are a smart girl! Ignore the stats, they won't tell you anything. I hope you have the transfer done and are relaxing by now.

MoMo said...

Hi Sarah--just stopping by to say good luck tomorrow..I will be thinking of you!