Friday, May 26, 2006

The mystical pull of FRED - 6dp5t

Thanks to everyone for their input about when to test. I am going to call the clinic to see if they can change the date to Thursday instead. My reasoning is that if it is negative, I don't think that I will be utterly devastated. Sad yes, and very disappointed, but I feel really positive about the fact that if it didn't work we have at least 2 more chances with what we have in the freezer. So the cycle can't be called a total bust even if the result is a negative.

I also did a bad thing yesterday. Walking innocently through the grocery store, I happened past the pharmacy section. Almost as if it were an invisible vortext pulling me towards it, I found myself standing in front of the great and powerful FRED. I really thought that I would have the willpower to pull myself from the mystical power of the oh so familiar pink and white box. Alas, all the willpower within me dissipated. Now, far from emptying the entire stock on the shelf, I selected one lone package with two tests.

Heeding the advice of others before me, I know that the dangerous POAS ritual can result in false negatives/positives and I promise to take that to heart. I've decided to POAS on Sunday morning. It will be 15 days from the HCG shot, 13 days since ER, and 8dp5dt. Even if it is negative, I promise not to be disappointed until I go for the beta on Thursday! Hope shall prevail until I get the cold, hard news that my HCG level is at 0!

How do I feel? Two people have commented on the rather enormous size of my chest. Both of them are on the inner circle and know what we have gone through, so we were all able to have a good laugh about it. I am also feeling lots of mild cramping. More aching I guess than real cramping. As I said before, there is something going on down there, but exactly what, I'm not sure.

It is my last day of vacation and while I am looking forward to being able to pass the time of the next week by doing some work, I have to say that I will miss the leisurely pace that my life has taken over the past two weeks. Now granted, I wouldn't wish to be in the pain that I was in last week, but there is nothing like looking at the agenda only to see two separate coffee dates, naptime, and tea time right along with the to do list which includes: buy new book, finish planting flowers and bake bread! Monday is back to the usual fast pace as I prepare for our busy summer season. All the better to pass the time until Thursday!

13 comments:

Thalia said...

Sweetie they're making you wait a really long time for that beta - most clinics do it at 14dpo and you'll be there already on Monday. So it will be ridiculous if they make you wait.

Btw the sticks don't give you false positives as a rule. Sometimes ppl get a ghostly second line after 10 mins or so - an 'evaporation line'. That's not a false positive as you're supposed to read the test after 3 minutes. So if you get a positive you can be pretty confident. If you get a negative, it may be a false negative, but at 13dpo it should be quite accurate.

Angie said...

I'm here for you and waiting patiently. BIG HUGS!

soralis said...

Good luck!! Wishing you the best

Lut C. said...

Exciting times! Good luck.

Alli and Frankie said...

Glad you have fun things to do while you pass the time - good luck with everything!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I am wishing all the best for you! I hope the time goes by quickly for you - this whole process is absolute torture!

YouGuysKnow said...

thalia knows her stuff...!

the only thing i would clarify is that the false positive we're afraid of is from the HcG shot, not from the "usual" false-positives. so as long as you're sure that the Hcg from the trigger is out of your system... well... why not then?

i wish you the very very best. hugs!

Barely Sane said...

Fingers crossed!!!

Sounds like your clinic is the same as mine (may even be the same one??). They make me wait an insane amt of time for beta's. Personally, I say just go for the bpt a day early and THEN call to advise them so they look for the results from the lab. My theory being - dont give them a chance to ask you to wait!

Fingers still crossed!!

beagle said...

Good Luck whatever you do in terms of testing . . . just hoping for a great outcome!

Pamplemousse said...

I agree with Thalia! She's the expert. Hang in there, Sarah.

Courtney said...

Good luck ... I am thinking of you!

MoMo said...

Good luck...I've been thinking of you. I know the waiting is painful, but hopefuly it will be worth it in the end. Hugs!

PS I also I agree with Thalia!

Dawn said...

Good Luck...crossing my fingers for you!