Thursday, May 11, 2006

What is wrong with the world?

I hate to pass judgement on people because you never know what the story is behind the action, but my stomach is bloated, bruised and welted from a multitude of injections, my life is turned upside down, my heart aches for the baby I lost and for the fact that I may never have another one, and I just can't begin to understand. How can someone value human life this little?

Life is so cruel and unfair.

Why, why, why?????

News from Vancouver - Baby found in dumpster

11 comments:

DD said...

I do pass judgement on these people. I can't find an excuse to let another human die. A 15 yr old in duress just means that someone in her life was not staying involved, i.e. the parents. Someone is to blame and there is always someone to fault.

And you're right, when we have suffered a heartbreaking loss; or those who may never get lucky enough to get pregnant do find these particular stories very cruel and unfair indeed.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I feel the same way whenever I hear one of these stories. It is so wrong, and sad that this person didn't know the (good) options available to her...

x said...

What upsets me so much is when people say "maybe it isn't meant to be" to us IF'ers. Really - was that baby meant to be put in a dumpster? I doubt it!

Alli and Frankie said...

These situations really make me crazy. She couldn't just drop the kid off at a fire station or hospital or something?

It is just so sad to think of that little guy being cold and alone and thrown away like he didn't matter when there are so many people who go through extreme measures just for the chance at parenthood.

soralis said...

I heard that on the news, sent a chill down my spine. I just think why couldn't you have left the baby at a hospital or somewhere safe. It is so sad, I wish these poor desperate mothers knew that there are so many people that would love to help out.

I am with Jenny on the 'meant to be comment'...

Barely Sane said...

Sarah.... I'll assume you live in the Vancouver area. I literally almost threw up when I heard that on the news. My stomach lurched and I had to hold onto a chair for support. It truly broke my heart.

I'm so sad that a child was lost. I'm so sad that a mom didn't feel she had options. I hope that this story jolts other mum's to offer their babies a chance at life and choose adoption instead.

Family Ties said...

I pass judgement too! In a heartbeat on people who are willing to KILL a baby? I have no sympathy or level of understanding that one.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I don't understand how anyone could do such a horrible thing. Stories like this make me sick, and I can't help but pass judgement.

MoMo said...

I don't understand how people can do this...these kinds of stories makes me very mad and sad at the same time!

beagle said...

How awful. Just awful.

Angie said...

I don't understand how someone could do something like that! Why not give the child up for an adoption? Most hospitals (maybe all)you can drop off a baby without questions and people still do this kind of sick stuff? AWFUL!