Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day 8 - Lady in waiting

So I suck at taking photos! I tried to take a few to brighten everyone's day, but this is the only one that looked OK. Speaking of brightening someone's day, please head over to Nina to drop off a few words of encouragement.

I am still waiting for things to get rolling. Presumably once my period arrives, the clinic will let me know what the next step is. Because my cycle has been a bit irregular since the mc, it ranges anywhere from 25-35 days although it definitely feels like it could arrive anytime now. How long after it starts can I expect to begin the injections? Just wondering because I have been postponing going to buy the drugs, mostly because I can't get over how expensive they are!

As I read stories from other people, I guess I should feel a little bit lucky. So many of you have to commute long distances or even have to stay away from home during treatment, whereas our house is about 3 blocks away from the clinic. This allows me to procrastinate buying the drugs because I know that as soon I get the go ahead to start injections I can head over to the clinic to buy them.

After 8 days of Synarel, I am starting to wonder if the drug is gradually disintegrating my brain tissue with each spray up the nostrils. In addition to the fuzzy head symptom and difficulty operating my automobile in a safe manner, I feel like parts of my memory have been affected causing me to stumble through my day at working wondering where I am supposed to be and when. Again, perhaps this is more about me not concentrating and daydreaming about the next few weeks ahead. I did let them know that I would be taking a bit more time off than I had originally planned. I think my co-workers were secretly relieved that whatever is causing me to turn into an angry, scatterbrained maniac is going to keep me away from them for a while!

7 comments:

soralis said...

Beautiful picture... we are a little behind you so it's nice to see that spring has sprug somewhere!

That is so wonderful you are close to your clinic, beats the heck out of a 4 hour drive!

I hate to tell you this, on top of the brain fuzz I added exhaustion when they added the other meds. Fuzz and tired, baaad combination! :) Hope you don't have the same reaction!!

Take care and hope things get rolling soon.

beagle said...

Love the photo!

I started stimms 3 days after AF arrived after supression check.

Nice that your clinic is so close. Mine is a 15-20 min drive, so I am pretty lucky there too.

Good Luck!

Angie said...

Love the pic! Taking pictures can be a relaxing hobby and the end product is something that you can treasure forever!

Hope your head fuzz lessens soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the happy photo. We needed it today!

The meds are ridiculously expensive. I just throw it all on a credit card, sign, and try not to look...have you asked the clinic if anyone has donated meds for fellow patients to use? Or, sometimes they get samples from the manufacturer that are perfectly good for a cycle...one cycle I asked and they came back with $2700 worth of samples for me. It was fantastic.

Good for you for taking some time off!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

What a great picture!!

I hope that AF comes soon so that you can move on to the next step in your cycle. I started stims 3 days after AF arrived.

Good luck with everything!!

MoMo said...

Wow..that is a really pretty picture. Thanks for sharing. I am not really sure when they make you start your stims. I got off the pill last Saturday and I am suppose to start stims this Sunday, with our without a period. I guess every clinic is different.

Good luck this cyle and thanks for visiting my blog. If you don't mind, I will add you to my link!

x said...

The synarel did the same for me. I was very forgetfull and beyond bee-atch. My poor hubbie, I thought he might leave me after about 2 weeks of it.
I would love to be that close to the clinic, although my 1hr drive is not enough to complain about.