Monday, April 24, 2006

Day 6 - Snorting drugs and car accidents

It just doesn't seem like a drug when you snort it through your nose. Aside from a blowout at work and one teary episode where I, once again, questioned "why us?", there really haven't been many side effects from the Synarel that I started last Wednesday. I keep waiting for something big to happen leaving me to question if the darned thing is actually working or not. To make it worse, I'm feeling a bit on my own because the clinic doesn't seem to really get involved until after my period starts and the subsequent injections begin. So I snort away, morning and night, hoping that somewhere in my body something is happening. Perhaps I will look back at this in a few weeks and laugh at myself for being so naive!

I'm not sure if it counts as a side effect of the drugs, but perhaps it is a side effect of this whole situation. I feel like I am losing my mind-literally. I pride myself on being a very good driver. I've always driven a standard (stick shift) because I like the feeling of controlling the car. I don't generally play music, nor do I like people in the car because my tendancy to clip along at a fair pace forces me to concentrate on the road.

Lately, however, I have found myself in a dazy state cruising through intersections without regard to what colour the light is or who else might be driving through, and as a result have had a few close calls. There have been stretches of road where I seem to wake up 5 minutes later and can't remember what happened in the blocks previous. This is very disconcerting and despite not previously planning to take time off for this cycle, I have reconsidered and think that I am going to try to work from home and then take vacation for a few weeks so that I can get through this and avoid injuring anyone on the road!

Besides working from home will mean that I don't have to try to hide the fact that I am actually spending all my time on websites completely unrelated to work!

5 comments:

beagle said...

The drugs are working, I promise. I can relate to the driving in a daze thing! And no, you're not naive at all, but don't be surprised if you find yourself wishing you could go back to this phase . . . once your ovaries are in the stimm phase you won't wonder if something is happening in there. It may be reassuring, to "feel something" but it's not entirely pleasant either!

This early part does get dull though. I'm just telling myself that dull is better than some other options.

Hang on . . . it does get more exciting! Buckle up!

soralis said...

Hey there,

I can relate to the sniffing thing, I had a few headaches though so that helped me know that something was going on.

Hey I like driving a stick too! You better be careful when driving, that fog thing sucks.

Good luck with your cycle

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Try not to worry about whether or not the drugs are working. Most likely they are. I didn't really feel anything until I was on day 5 of stims.

I definitely can relate to feeling like you are losing your mind. I have felt that way since I started my cycle.

I wish you all the best with this cycle, and thanks for the kind words on my blog. I am going to add you to my blogroll.

By the way... Tag you're it. Sorry!! I hope you don't mind. You can come to my blog for the details.

Barely Sane said...

Tag, you're it! See my blog to see the scoop.

As for the drugs, they are working. I personally didn't get any s/e from the Synarel until just before AF showed. By then, I felt bad for every woman who has gone thru menopause.

Just lemme know which roads you are on and I'll stay clear. But honestly, I had the same problem. I dunno what it was, but you are right, freaky!

Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Fuzzy brain is definitely a side effect of Lupron/Synarel. I know it makes you feel like it's not working, but I think that not having a ton of side effects is a good thing.