Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Day 7- It!

What a fun distraction! I had planned on going into work late today and this gives me the perfect excuse! I feel very loved for being double-tagged by a fellow Canadian, Barely Sane, and also by Mary Ellen and Steve!

1. I cook a mean Thai coconut soup - went to Thailand last year for the first time and spent a day at a cooking school - let me know if you want the recipe!

2. As a child and young girl, I used to figure skate. I wasn't amazingly good or anything, but I did skate competitively for a couple years. Unfortunately, competitive sports of any kind are expensive, so I gave it up in lieu of my mother taking out a second mortgage. I still have very life-like dreams where I can actually feel myself flying through the air of a quadruple axle!

3. One of my greatest fears in life was always been what if I can't have kids. And that was long before this whole journey started. Hmmmmm. Self-fulfilling prophesy or just bad luck?

4. I live in the most goregous city in the whole world. I will try to post some photos on my blog later!

5. My conversational language repitoire includes English (duh), Dutch, German and French.

6. I am terrified of the future and what it might hold, but am remaining on the cautious side of hopeful for the time being!

Now I think that I am probably one of the last people to get tagged and I am so new that I am not sure if there is anyone left, but here it goes:

AnnMarie
Pamplemousse
Beagle
Thalia
Meg

( I had Soralis down here too...but then I checked and she has already posted hers!!)

I'm sure you already know the rules, but here they are anyways:

1) Go write 6 random or weird facts/things/etc. about yourself in my comment box and on your blog, then tag six more people!

2) Then leave a comment that says ‘You are tagged’ in their comments telling them to read your blog.

4 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so glad that you played along. I am so glad that you don't mind that I tagged you.

One of my biggest fears has always been being not able to have kids too!! Mine was bad luck. I had no idea that my husband had a chromosome disorder, and neither did he. Crazy stuff. Oh well.

I just pray that all of us out here in blogland have a baby or two to hold at the end of our journeys. Good luck!!

Barely Sane said...

I totally want the recipie for that soup! I love Thai food - although my entire digestive tract doesn't, but what does it know??

Anonymous said...

OK...Question...if I am tagged TWICE (thanks for the love!), am I doing it TWICE?

beagle said...

I have the same languages, minus Dutch!

Thanks for tagging me, here are my 6 things condensed:

I have lived in 3 different countries, I've held a weird assortment of jobs, I have much to accomplish yet in life (I better get busy!), C. and I had a lot in common when we met, yet we are still very different, I love cats! We were married on a beach in Hawaii. See my blog for the long version.