So I just want to know, if I blew up at a colleague yesterday, can I blame it on the meds already? Since I only started yesterday morning, I doubt it....but it felt good nonetheless. I am the epitome of calm at work and never raise my voice let alone actually get mad at anyone. The whole office kind of stopped, like a frozen moment in time wondering what just happened. Not sure why I did it, but I guess I am tired of being the happy one all the time.
It actually feels a bit anticlimactic today. There is a whole lot of work up to beginning this process: the initial appointments, the tests, the diagnosis, the research, endless discussions, the decision, more tests, more appointments, the $money$, and then the countdown to the much anticipated start day. Here we are at Day 2 and life is trucking along pretty much as it always has. Where are the fireworks and the marching band?
I'm a bit aprehensive about the impending needles that are still two weeks away, and while I have been reassured by a few fellow IVFers that really, they are nothing to worry about, I'm not sure that I believe them. I guess time will tell. I've also been reading a lot of other people's blogs which is immensely helpful as provides a glimpse into the crystal ball and shows what could happen-good or bad. It is a bit intimidating though to read through the myriad of vocabulary associated with infertility. It isn't even so much the acronyms, but rather getting all the drugs straight and trying to figure out what it means when someone mentions follicle size or what the implications are of the statement, "I'm on Lupron". I guess I still have a lot of reading to do.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, yes. You most definitely can blame anything and everything on the drugs. That's one of the few perks in all of this. You really will find that the injections are easier than you imagine. Good luck!
Blame everyone and everything! As Amanda said, the injections will be OK. You will develop your own technique...I won't lie -- the progesterone shots suck. And don't worry about knowing it all. For my first cycle, I was clueless, and for the second, I knew too much.
I also married in October and honeymooned in San Francisco...and unfortunately I can relate to your loss. And I am so very sorry...and I wish you luck in this journey.
Sure blame it on the drugs... why the heck not you deserve it!! :)
Just to let you know, I did my first round of IVF before I discovered the internet support systems(which is kind of funny cause I work on technology and am on the computer every day). Needless to say I had NO clue or information other than what my clinic told me. The blog world is great for information and support!
As for the injections, I was not happy about those. My first one I held the needle above my belly for about 10 minutes, to afraid to jab it in! Finally I thought this is crazy, just get it over with. So I stabbed it in and then I thought... that's it? I guess what I am trying to say is even the biggest chickens can do it so don't worry too much! The first one is the hardest but by the end of your cycle you will be an expert!
I blab on too much! Take care and good luck
We all blame it on the drugs . . . it's one of the few perks this club has to offer. Make use of it at will.
:-)
Post a Comment