Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My mess of things

I was recently tagged by my good friends Hopeful Mother, Barely Sane, Angie, and Wannabemom.

So now I have to post an embarrassing list of items that I keep in various places. I'm not sure that any of these items are that interesting to you, but I'll give it a go anyways and hopefully no one is analyzing!

5 items in my fridge:
-A bag of yummy cheeses - Gorgonzola, Camembert, Salt Spring Island goat cheese, Gouda, block of Parmesan - too bad I can't eat many of them right now!
-Anchovy paste - for a killer Caesar salad dressing
-free range eggs
-Santa Cruz mango spritzer
-Green Gazpacho that a lady from work made for me since I am on bedrest - probably the best I have ever tasted and I contribute my feeling better entirely to eating that soup!

5 items in my closet:
-Senseo coffee machine (shower gift for a girlfriend)
-wedding dress
-2 old laptop bags
-a few clothes - I don't buy a lot of clothes and don't tend to hold onto them for years either
-iron and ironing board - I am a compulsive ironer - it is a problem and I should seek help

5 items in my car:
-dental floss - I am a bit anal about dental care
-lip gloss
-gum
-emergency road kit - I grew up driving through the Rocky mountains and so I was trained to carry all sorts of dumb stuff (portable shovel, candles, flares, jumper cables) in case you get stuck on the road. Of course, this really only applies to winter driving, but why risk it!

That is everything because in this city if you leave anything else in the car you are tempting fate. Break-ins are a daily occurrence here and most of our cars have been broken into so many times that we are tired of losing stuff.

5 items in my purse:
-dental floss
-lip gloss
-cell phone
-Palm Pilot
-Always panty liner - 'cause you never know...

OK, please forgive me ladies, but I feel compelled to pass on this torch of distraction:
Beth - Prop your hips up
Sunny Jenny -Infertile Myrtle
Anne Marie - Come undone
Beagle - Fortune Cookie Follies
Nina - Stella/Ben

The OHSS is starting to subside....finally! I am down to just a few Tylenol a day, and this morning I could actually put my pants on for the first time in 10 days. Ovaries are obviously still healing, but at least I am feeling a bit more normal!

4 comments:

x said...

I love these lists. Look at that cheese - man, you'd be disappointed in my little block of marble.

Alli and Frankie said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Hopefully you will be back to eating cheese in no time! lol.

Meg said...

Sarah - I am so glad to hear you are finally feeling better.. you have copped it so badly, you poor thing! Soon you will probably be throwing up everywhere with morning sickness too. (oh,that didn't help did it? xx)

Barely Sane said...

FYI.... the kdt post is mine. I posted from home and it's all whacked out for some reason.