The last time I was pregnant was 2 1/2 years ago and it all happened so quickly that it has become a bit of a fog in the recesses of my brain.
We had gotten married in October and went to San Francisco for 4 days for our honeymoon (which was amazing!). After getting back home, I was immersed in the last minute preparations for a national conference that was going to take place in a couple of week, in addition to my regular job which had been neglected for the past few weeks before the wedding.
I remember missing my period and really thinking that it was only because of all the stress and excitement over the past month. Finally, after a week or so I decided to POAS which to my total surprise displayed two pink lines. Wow, I was shocked and so was my husband. His reaction was, "That was quick...a bit too quick. I'm not sure that I'm ready yet" and then he walked out of the room. Hardly the joyous hugs and tears that I was hoping for. I figured that he would get used to the idea, which he did over the next couple weeks.
I don't really recall what I felt like at all to be pregnant or what symptoms I had. The only thing that I remember is that at the conference which was a four day event of running around putting out fires, I came home each night feeling like I had been hit by a bus. My energy level had dropped and I was exhausted. After that point, I had a few symptoms like sensitivity to smell, nausea and fatigue, but I can't remember anything else.
The past two days, the pain from my ovaries has become very dull and really the only thing that I feel is very crampy. Like pre-period cramps. Nights are the worst and I woke up twice last night with painful cramps. No blood, no spotting. That, however, is no consolation because last time I lost one, it was a missed miscarriage-there was no blood and no symptoms. I just don't know what to think. Is this the beginning of the end? Of course, I read that mild cramps are normal, and I am not having any 'seering' pain on one side that might be indicative of an ectopic. Rather, it is a dull ache, but at times it is quite strong. I am going crazy and I wish I could remember if I had any of these symptoms before. Are these pains related to pregnancy? Miscarriage? IVF? OHSS?
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Having only been pg for 6.5 glorious weeks about 2.5 yrs ago, I can totally relate to your lack of ability to remember symptoms. However, since I'm not pg now, I can't help ya.
Sorry... I know I'm useless. But I'm reading and supporting - does that count??
Hugs!
Sorry I can't help you. But everyone keeps saying to me that symptoms mean nothing etc etc. I know it's impossible not to worry, so just know that we're here for you.
I know - the symptoms are so hard to read. I'm pulling for you. I know how frustrating it is!
Having miscarried before I even knew that I was pregnant (several years ago), I'm sorry to say that I can't help you. I am however, pulling for you, "pregnancy symptoms, pregnancy symptoms!" Hear my little chant.
Thinking of you!
(Ugh I couldn't get to the comments section all night...drove me nut!) I had a "missed abortion" (I HATE that term)without symptoms, just some overstimulation. My suggestion is to not dwell on anything...wait for that next test. Things may be perfect and all this worry may be for nothing. We're here for you no matter what.
I HATE CRAMPS! I really don't know what to tell you because I am just as clueless! I just keep telling myself, "It will all be over soon." not sure if that's very comforting!
I can't help you, but I hope that everything is okay. Thinking of you. Hugs!
I have the same kind of cramps you just described. Sometimes it's a dull, achey feeling. Other times it gets very crampy. I would've bet that my period was on its way. I just got my BFP yesterday (as you know by now). Here's to hoping our similar cramps bring similar results! I hope this is of some comfort to you, I really do.
Sorry I can't give you any assvice--as you know I am in the same boat. But as Thalia said, symptoms don't mean anything.
symptoms? who the heck knows? just hang in there and thank goodness the OHSS looks like it's going away. thinking of you (and I'm right behind you). hugs
Every symptom out there is normal to someone - they are different from person to person, so as impossible as it sounds, my advice is going to be to try not to obsess about it. I'm thinking about you and hoping all is well.
I feel like such an awful blogger friend. I haven't been over in a while and just wanted to say a belated congrats on your bfp. I'm hoping and praying that your cramps are just growing pains. Best wishes for a happy and healthy nine months!!! You u/s is just around the corner.
Post a Comment